In 2024, we are seeing trends in Senior Living that emphasize deliberate design choices and the enhanced ambiance of living spaces. As we anticipate an industry-wide surge in occupancy, it becomes crucial to explore the ways in which technology and design are integrating to support safety and staff efficiency. In this eBook, you will find solutions for today’s top challenges through purposeful design and furnishings for the Baby Boomer generation that will make an impression. Download your copy of the eBook below.
2024 Design Trends in Senior Living
Robotics in the Dining Room
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and robotics are revolutionizing the way healthcare settings operate and provide patient-centered care. These technological advancements have introduced an array of positive impacts, making healthcare more efficient, effective, and patient-centric.
According to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, there are 10.5 million unfilled jobs in the U.S.; disproportionately hitting leisure and hospitality businesses, healthcare and Senior Living; showing little indication of any significant improvement in 2024. This leaves countless healthcare and senior living facilities asking one vital question: How can we make our current staff more productive instead of needing to hire more? AI-enabled robotics in the dining room is one way to ease this pain point. For example, Servi Plus can help cover large service areas, busy shifts, running food, bussing dishes, and other repetitive, predictable, and time-consuming tasks.
Additionally, the inclusion of robotics can streamline the delivery of supplies and medications and enable smart room designs, where lighting, temperature, and even furniture can be adjusted to meet patient needs.
The ongoing advancements in AI and robotics continue to be a driving force behind the transformation of healthcare settings, ensuring that they are not only equipped with the latest technologies but also designed to provide the highest quality of care for all patients, especially in senior care locations, where personalized and efficient care is paramount.
Benefits of Servi Plus:
- Increase your staff’s productivity: staff can focus on residents and providing quality service instead of walking back and forth to the kitchen
- Increase efficiency: Servi Plus works all day, every day, seven days a week
- Walk and lift less: no more redundant trips to the kitchen, no more heavy trays
- Provide better service: spend more time with residents
- Fresher food: The kitchen sends food as soon as it is ready, not after it’s been waiting under a heat lamp
- Receive better service: Wait staff stays in the dining area, ready to help
Download the eBook for More
For more trends like this one, download the free ebook. Inside, Direct Supply’s design and construction experts walk through the top trends in Senior Living for 2024, including:
- Nature-Inspired Color Palette of the Year
- Art Deco-Inspired Trends
- Environmental Initiatives
- Biophilic Design
- Technology Advancements for Safety and Wander Management
- New Seating for Increased Marketability
- Cohort and Intergenerational Living