Signs of summer are all around as temperatures heat up, flowers bloom and the grass grows. It also means those in charge of Senior Living building maintenance need to be ready to change right along with the season to avoid equipment downtime, maximize efficiency and contain costs. We’ve compiled some best practices and tips from industry professionals as you prepare your building for summer.
Are you ready for summer?
You can help minimize the stress on your equipment (and your patience) that comes with increased temperatures when you implement six of the most critical suggested maintenance activities for your building.
Six recommendations to prepare your building for summer
- Give your HVAC a breath of fresh air. Ensure your HVAC equipment has been inspected to ensure proper operation. At a minimum, check to make sure filters are changed regularly and coils are cleaned.
- Check your thermostats. Replace any old or worn out thermostats. Consider smart thermostats that can help with energy efficiency and temperature management.
- Plan for emergencies. Make sure you have a reliable, go-to source for emergency repairs. HVAC and refrigeration equipment may fail unexpectedly during warmer months and heat waves, and you don’t want to be left high and dry. If you’re in doubt, TELS Building Services specializes in fast, reliable service in a pinch.
- Know who rents equipment. Make sure you know where you can get rental equipment for cooling. If a wait time for a repair technician is too long, you may need to arrange for temporary cooling for your residents.
- Review landscaping. Make sure your landscaping contractor is meeting your expectations and your irrigation system is running at optimal performance. Plan and implement any landscaping enhancements as early as possible.
- Check the plumbing. Inspect your plumbing system by looking for cracks or leaks, and be sure to check the sewer lines if you’ve had a lot of rain in the spring.
TELS is here for you all summer long
TELS Building Services combines years of industry experience and a trusted network of quality service providers to help you tackle your challenges. From service emergencies to planned maintenance and projects, you can rely on our licensed, trained network of technicians for:
- 24/7/365 service availability
- Emergency equipment rentals*
- 15-minute billing increments
- No emergency fees
*Not applicable in all markets; call for availability
Call 888-433-3224 for service anytime or see more of what we offer at TELS.net/services.