Whether you realize it or not, potential residents are forming their opinions about your community every single day.
Landscaping and signage have the power to generate over 40% of prospective resident tours and appointments, according to a benchmarking report.
First impressions are a prospective resident’s or family’s first glimpse into your:
- Attention to detail
- Quality of care you provide
In addition, quality outdoor environments are strongly linked to important health-related measures and behaviors, such as reduced resident stress, improved mood and satisfaction, increased physical activity, and better health outcomes.
Is your landscaping sending the right message? Spring is the perfect time to breathe new life into your curb appeal, and it starts with a fresh look at your landscaping contract. By ensuring these five key areas are being addressed at your community, you can reap the benefits of a quality landscape and grounds that help drive prospective residents and census.
Does your landscape contract include 5 key tasks?
- Clean up accumulated leaves and trash on the lawn and in your planting beds, and cut back any grass and other perennials that were left up for winter, encouraging them to awaken for the season. A vigorous raking of any matted turf will also stimulate growth.
- Fertilize lawn with a formulation that includes pre-emergent weed control. Shrubs and perennials could benefit from a fertilizer application at this time as well. Applying pre-emergent weed control to your planting beds during the spring is essential to keeping weed population in check.
- Prune back any dead or damaged materials in your shrubs and trees. Some shrubs may need a light pruning, but care should be taken to ensure any spring flowering shrubs are not pruned, which would reduce their blooms.
- Put an edge on planting beds and around tree circles, enhancing their look and helping establish a line where the turf should be kept separate from planting beds.
- Check irrigation systems for broken or damaged heads, leaking lines and to ensure the heads are properly spraying the desired turf and planting beds.
Not confident in your current landscaper’s plans? TELS® Building Services can help! We’ll manage the contract, scheduling and seasonal expertise so that you can focus on what matters most: your residents.