In 2023, we are seeing trends in Senior Living design that bring joy and energy to residents, family members and staff. With the current health climate and expected increase in residents, now is the time to rethink purposeful design choices as well as the atmosphere of your building. In this eBook you will find solutions for today’s top challenges through purposeful design, furnishings and technology solutions for the Baby Boomer generation that make an impression. Download your copy of the eBook below.
2023 Design Trends in Senior Living
Planning for an Influx of Seniors
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, it is projected that the U.S. population over 85 years of age will more than double in the next 20 years. This is a glimmer of hope when contrasted with the current state of occupancy rates and related financial pressure.
With global supply shortages, rising labor costs, and heightened interest rates heading in to 2023; many Senior Living providers are looking for ways to relieve the pressure on direct care employees by incorporating purpousful design and integrated technology.
Consider blending these design trends and technology systems into your interior design:
- SafelyYou Indoor Dome Camera technology allows caregivers to monitor, prevent, and protect residents from fall risks before accidents happen.
- Robotics are an up-and-coming solution to combat rising labor costs and staff shortages. Automated technology promote on-demand delivery for resident and caregiver needs.
- Intentional memory care design can increase resident engagement and decrease staff workload. Sticking to light colors, simple patterns, and visual prompts like the Artline Framed 3D Textured Panels can help guide residents and make home feel a little more like home.
Our Technology Designers can help you decide what kind of technology is best for your community. From intentional design to artificial intelligence technology, we can solve for your technology needs for resident rooms, common areas, dining rooms and more.
Download the eBook for More
For more trends like this one, download the free ebook. Inside, Direct Supply’s design and construction experts walk through the top trends in Senior Living for 2023, including:
- Enhancing Resident and Staff Well-being
- New Senior-Specific Furnishings
- Intentional Memory Care Design
- Reducing Resident Room Occupancy
- Integrating Technology and Design
- 70s-Inspired Decor
- Colors for 2023