This webinar features Dr. Scott Benjamin – PT, DScPT, COMT, and Kelly Sullivan – Senior Product Consultant, Direct Supply.
In this session, we explore the relationships between the cervical and lumbar spine and how they relate to fall prevention and balance control. You will learn how to work with residents or patients who have a variety of orthopedic and balance conditions. The vestibular apparatus will be discussed in detail. This session will help attendees think about specific conditions and their respective treatments, as well as what they may do to treat a resident or patient.
After viewing this video, participants will be better able to describe:
- The balance system (vestibular apparatus) and how it affects everyday life
- Osteokinematics and arthrokinematics of the cervical and lumbar spine as it relates to specific pathologies
- Normal kinematics of the lumbar spine
- Normal as well as pathological cases that affect the lumbar spine and pelvis
- Common pathologies in the cervical and lumbar spine
- Pertinent bony landmarks in the cervical and lumbar spine
Notice: This video is intended to provide information to Direct Supply’s customers, does not constitute medical or legal advice, and is not intended for use in the diagnosis or treatment of individual patients or conditions, or as a substitute for the advice of a licensed medical professional. Direct Supply specifically disclaims all responsibility for any liability, loss or risk, personal or otherwise, which is incurred as a consequence, directly or indirectly, of the use and application of any of the material in this video. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, upload, transmit, publicly display, prepare derivative works based on or distribute any part of this video.